To be a blogger in 2018 is to wear many hats: writer, designer, social media manager, email marketer… the list goes on.
Of course you could outsource the parts you aren’t very good at, but what if you’ve just started your blog and/or you don’t have the money to do so? 🤔
That’s where I come in.
Well, just for the designing part. More specifically, branding and visual marketing.
But that part’s important, especially if you intend to promote your blog on visual-based platforms like Pinterest and Instagram. Because, y’know, a picture paints a thousand words. And people are mostly visual creatures. 👁
Awkward ramblings aside, you’ve come to the right place if:
- You have BIG ambitions for your blog 🤩 but feel that the quality (or lack thereof) of your visuals is completely holding it back. 😫
- You’re killing it at content writing, SEO, social media, etc. but not so much at design. 😕
- You want your blog to stand out visually but can't afford to spend thousands of dollars on a designer. 😭
- You’re not trained in design and feel overwhelmed trying to DIY all your blog visuals. 😰
So if that sounds anything like you, make yourself at home! 💁🏻
Here, you can find blog posts on how to design blog and social media graphics that get shit-tons of clicks, 11 ways to brand your blog that doesn’t involve design, and 12 ways to promote your blog with visual content.
I also have free resources such as 15 Quick Fixes for Your Blog Visuals ebook, Blog Branding Strategy workbook, and The Ultimate Brand Design Checklist for Your New Blog.
If all that sounds gravy to you, I recommend signing up for my emails to get even more fabulous resources and design tips (I’ll throw in my 15 Quick Fixes for Your Blog Visuals ebook as a bonus!):
You can unsubscribe at any time.
“That’s nice, but who the hell are you?”
Whoops! How rude of me. All this talking and I forgot to introduce myself! 😅
My name is Rachel and I’m from Singapore.
I happen to be autistic, which means I can sometimes be very awkward 🙃 (as you can probably tell from my writing).
I started this blog because I wanted to make a living on my own terms and help others do the same. (Also, the autistic thing makes conventional jobs a liiiiiitle challenging for me. And by a little I mean A LOT.)
My passion for making cool shit online started when I created my very first website around the age of 10 and taught myself Photoshop. I also studied interactive media design in polytechnic. I 💜 learning and teaching myself about anything related to design and the internet. 👩🏻💻
- My MBTI personality type is INTP.
- I share the same birthday with Friedrich Nietzsche and Ginuwine.
- I’m into all things geeky and retro. 🤖 Some things I like include Marvel, Star Wars, Back to the Future and The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy.
- I love love LOVE music. My favourite artists to listen to are Talking Heads, Prince, David Bowie, Kate Bush, Fleetwood Mac, The Clash, Gary Numan, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Radiohead, Queens of the Stone Age… I could go on ALL DAY.
- New Kids on the Block is my guilty pleasure. I’m a total Jordan girl. (But don’t tell that to anyone. It’ll be our little secret! 🤫)